Norwegian Sun passenger, Victoria’s Cecilia Jenkins, has had a chest X-ray and blood work done since returning home.
During an interview punctuated by coughing, Jenkins said at one point she needed help because she nearly passed out from strong fumes, and also experienced nausea, headaches and swollen eyes.
Passengers should not have their health and safety put at risk, said Jenkins, who is concerned that the crew was exposed as well.
Norwegian Cruise Line did not tell them this work was going to happen or communicate with them, Jenkins said.
She was travelling in a party of five that included her husband and daughter, and father-in-law and a friend.
Work on the decks created a “huge amount of dust,” she said, adding that it went onto food that was eaten outdoors, into drinks and into the pools.
“I tried to stay indoors as much as possible.”
Read the full article on the Vancouver is Awesome website.